Wednesday, July 23, 2014

personal documentary



If I were to make a documentary it would be about my progress in dance.  Over the past fifteen years I have grown so much in the dance world.  At the age of 3 my mom took me to my first class at Michele’s Dance Studio.  She tells me all the time that as soon as I step foot into the dance room fifteen years ago she new that I would still be there today.  Just like any other sport; dance takes hours and hours of practice, time, concentration, and most importantly dedication.  In the documentary I would express how important it is to take something you love seriously and show that hard work pays off.  The documentary would be a mix between Performative and Participatory; not only would the film show the progress but it will also motivate people to try there hardest.  To make the documentary a little more interesting I would interview my dance teachers that have watched me dance for most of my life.  Many people my age say that they are going to stick to something but never really do, I want to be able to show people that even if you struggle at the beginning if you work hard enough and dedicate yourself then it is all worth it in the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment